"Performance metrics are the lifeblood of effective decision-making and business improvement. Nobody does a better job in designing and implementing effective, actionable metrics programs than Clarity Consulting, especially when measuring the effectiveness of technology organizations."
- Brian Keane, CEO Dextrys
Experience and Examples
Helping our clients gain advantage from metrics and modeling is a passion and core competence at Clarity Consulting. Since 1993, we have performed dozens of metrics projects for a steadily growing group of clients. The list below illustrates the breadth of efforts we can support.
Over the years, we have reviewed and provided advisory services for many software quality, IT productivity, process measurement and performance management initiatives, ranging from Fortune 100 organizations to software start-up companies
In the area of Service Level agreements (SLAs), we've served:
- Multiple IT Organizations - reviewed and advised on the creation and revision of internal and external SLAs and their associated metrics. Clients have included major banks, insurance, telecom and manufacturing companies
- Multiple Service Providers - advised on the creation and revision of outsourcing SLAs during engagement sales, transition and operational phases for both onshore and offshore service providers
- Multiple Service Management Software Providers - advised on product features, metrics selection, collection and reporting for dashboards and process management software designed to support the needs of IT organizations and service providers
We've conducted metrics workshops at project management, outsourcing and quality conferences. We also deliver onsite workshops customized to the needs of individual clients. A few examples include:
- Two large BlueCross BlueShield insurers - SLA best practice workshops
- Well-known law school - workshop on developing internal SLAs and reporting on IT performance
- Major life insurance company and large pharmaceutical company - workshops on measuring and managing application portfolio quality
Metrics Program Development
We've worked with clients on developing metrics programs of all shapes and sizes.
- Large Canadian wireless provider - developed ROI-metrics driven sales process backed by data collection templates, ROI models, reports and associated training
- Large Midwest insurance company - analyzed and modeled application maintenance efforts by cost, effort and quality at the application and program level
- Major automotive firm - quality and productivity-focused metrics program for assessing and managing application maintenance process
- NetPro Computing - marketing metrics program for assessing and improving online web and email marketing campaigns
- Keane, Dextrys, Viasoft and others - multiple metrics programs to support sales efforts and improve internal delivery effectiveness. Projects included software quality programs, testing metrics programs and productivity assessments
We regularly share our knowledge by publishing articles, white papers and presentations on metrics related topics.
Service Level Metrics
- IT Outsourcing Metrics for IT Service Level Agreements
- Better SLA Metrics Creating Better Service Level Metrics
- SLA Metrics Presentation Designing Service Metrics
- Outsourcing Vendor Performance Objectively Measuring Outsourcing Vendor Performance
- IT Business Value Tying IT Expenditures to Business Value Delivered
- ROI PresentationFive Five Principles for Creating Believable ROIs
- ROI White Paper Five Pragmatic Rules for Creating Believable ROIs (White Paper) /FiveRulesforROIs.pdf
- Software Quality Metrics A Five Step Approach to Protecting and Optimizing Software Investments
- Customer Happiness The True Measure of Outsourcing Success