About Our Founder
Ian Hayes is the founder and president of Clarity Consulting, where he provides management consulting and analyst services to executives, marketers and technologists.
With a background that includes practitioner, manager and executive responsibilities in IT, software companies and consulting organizations, Ian is adept at researching, measuring, communicating and solving tough business and technology issues.
Ian works on engagements around the globe, where he:
- Advises corporate clients on areas such as business strategies, outsourcing, global project management, process redesign, efficiency enhancement, performance metrics and service level management
- Works extensively with software vendors and service providers in researching, developing, positioning and marketing new products and services
- Assists technology-based start-ups with funding efforts, marketing and strategy, partnership opportunities, and channel development
- Provides assistance and advisory services to the legal and investment communities on technology issues, trends and practices
Since founding Clarity Consulting in 1993, Ian has:
- Been an executive advisor on over $2 billion of global projects
- Driven the conception and launch of multiple services which delivered over $1 billion in revenue
- Written over 150 articles and white papers on business and technical topics
- Authored and coauthored three books published by Prentice Hall PTR
- Spoken at dozens of conferences and industry events and served as the Chairman of the BrainStorm Group's Nearshore & Offshore Outsourcing, SmartSourcing and e-Business Strategy conferences
- Published articles in publications such as Business Week, Better Management, Cutter IT Journal, EAI Journal, Software Magazine and Computerworld
- Served on several technology and investment advisory boards
- Served as an expert for several IT-related litigation cases
- Co-founded Triaxsys Research, an analyst firm that analyzed corporate information trends from a legal, economic and technical perspective for investors and program offices
Prior to founding Clarity Consulting, Ian performed scientific research at Cornell University, served as a systems officer at Bank of Boston, co-founded Language Technology, Inc., an early software redevelopment product vendor, and was an executive at Keane, Inc., an IT services provider.